We’re pleased to announced we’ve added Windows Server 2012 to our lineup of VPS operating systems.
Microsoft’s latest server offering is focused around improved scalability and performance to meet all your hosting needs. New features include (but aren’t limited to):
- Better data security and compliance.
- Improved website and management efficiency.
- Enhanced support for open frameworks, development languages and open source applications. Web standards, PHP, and node.js are supported, and .NET Framework 4.5 offers improvements including support for asynchronous file operations, web, and networking enhancements.
- A new version of Windows Task Manager (the old version is still accessible too).
- Version 8.0 of Internet Information Services (IIS), which includes CPU usage caps for specific sites, centralised management of SSL certificates, and WebSocket support.
- Easier creation and management of centralised desktops and remote access solutions.
- Continuous availability with protection against a vast range of failure scenarios.
- Frameworks, services, and tools to increase the scalability and elasticity of modern applications.
- Great end-user experience and easy access from almost any device.
You can order your Windows 2012 powered VPS today, or alternatively, you can upgrade your current VPS. If you’re upgrading, don’t forget to backup all your settings and data, as switching the operating system will rebuild your VPS server.